Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Just Landed in Seattle

As I approach Seattle I wonder what the next week has in store for me. I so enjoy NCECA everytime I go. I get overloaded and overstimlated on all things clay. I look forward to the brainstretching lofty lectures that I see most people either nap through or exit in the first 5 min. because there are not enough visuals for their totally sight driven souls. I also look forward to the visually driven demos of three specially selected artists up on stage and on the big screens in the very dark auditorium (this where I usually take my naps). I also look forward to seeing some of my pottery pals from Tucson. I feel sad for the loss of a couple of my NCECA icons that have passed since my last NCECA in Phx. (Maurice Grossman, Paul Soldner and Malcolm Davis, et. al.). Will I see some of the other Artists I have been enamored of? The galleries will be full of clay work with way too many pieces to look at in such a short period of time. The Clayart cup exchange and the Regina Brown scholarship mug sale will also be a source of inspiration, both of which I will be participating in. This time I also look forward to seeing the city itself, which doesn't happen much when I go to NCECA. This time I am going out on a limb and staying in a Hostel. Hopefully it won't be too hostel. ;). Perhaps the hostel is my biggest source of worry... Sharing bathrooms(EEK!!!germs) locking up all of my belongings everytime I leave, and my ever present concern that the person in the top bunk will be testing out the free condoms they have at the front desk. Before I left home, Keith looked up pictures of the bunkrooms and common rooms which aleviated some, but not all of my worries. I am excited about staying across from Pikes Place Mkt, I think that will be an adventure in itself for this small town desert rat. Plane is landing, here we go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment