Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday Night-Seattle Never Sleeps

All is well in Seattle-land. Today was another STIMULATING day which is getting me into bed at 10pm tonite. I must be old and lame to be going to bed with all kinds of things going on. I am pretty sure this town never sleeps. I don't think that I have ever had this kind of experience, where I have slept in such a densly populated area with the window open. I have never been made so acutely aware of how many eating, sleeping, breathing and pooping people there are on this earth. It is breathtaking when I seriously think about it. It is also very scary!

Ok, first the hostel/not so hostel hostel... This has been an adventure. I have learned alot about myself and my one step up from camping with 60 some-odd other people. I like it quiet and I like for my head not to rattle everytime someone exits my bunkroom, plus right at the top of my head the door out to the main hall and staircase opens and closes from my fellow campers in the 6-8 dormrooms down my hall. Yes, my hostel is also densly populated. When living/camping in a hostel your personal living quarters are very very small. I actually think they are close in sq. ft to the size of the kiln at work.
Both morninings here have been good. I am thankful for my flipflops. I haven't been able to sleep very late. My romates are up at 6 to get their crack at the bathrooms. Both mornings someone has been packing. And of course, I worry they are leaving cuz of my snoring?!? I am also thankful for my earplugs! I sure hope they brought theirs!
Today I had eggs, cooked in a fry pan that was fit for my campbox. It was a trick to keep the egg from sliding right out onto the floor while you were tryIng to crack it into the pan. Did ya know in a pinch a wooden wok stir fry spatula can flip those couple of eggs just fine.
There is alot of germ sharing in a hostel. One of the biggest things I noticed was that most people do not read the signs. I put my rinsed cup in the rack to be washed and no sooner had I let go of it, did someone pick it up and fill it up with coffee. Maybe that is why I don't like to bother with signs in the studio. My time is better spent...
Better spent at NCECA...

No comments:

Post a Comment