Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thurs. AM

Dinner at the English Pub with Jane and Cathy P.


My Irish Black and Tan

Jane getting into her LOOT










Nancy and Jada Jada in Teacher Mode












Demo!
Wakey, wakey.














8:11 am.. Jane is off to Yoga for Potters this morning... I am going to walk over a little later.














The vendors were great yesterday. Some cool new tools out there. I bought some texturizing materials for the classroom. I am thinking of buying myself some of the decals like Shirley has been using .... they go on greenware. I saw most of the great potters I have taken classes from, and saw lots of my great students.














My roadies (Glennda and Jane) were so very helpful yesterday, I couldn't have done it with-out them. Two of the longest trips (walking) to and from the car. The only problem during the demo was the rolling pin.. I will always remember to take my rolling pin from now on... their rolling pin had no ball bearings.. handles were stationary.. ooooo does that hurt your hands. Otherwise the demo was GREAT... people were so nice.... one lady set her purse on my just completed cup, then went to great efforts to fix it... then I picked it up and squished it and said we weren't keeping it anyway.














I hung out with Nancy and Jane at our hotel after the demo.. then went back to the Opening Ceremonies... (yawn)... not such a great speaker.. she was too nervous. I went out to an english pub with Jane and Cathy P. for a late dinner...














Today I will check out the vendors again.. go to some of the expos in the convention center. I have a lecture I want to go to at 12:30... and then several lectures that are at the same time in the afternoon... we have a break from 6-9 then the Randall session. Who knows what I will make it to.














More laters...














No comments:

Post a Comment