Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tues AM











Ok, ok, so I am early... NCECA doesn't really start till tomorrow. I am overly excited and nervous. I had a wicked anxiety attack last nite, after I got into bed. Heart racing, muscle twitching, breathlessness... arrrggg.. how silly was that.. lasted about 2 hours... and I finally fell asleep after the adreneline levels went down... my self talk to calm myself did not work at all... finally I got calm enough to do a little focused breathing and visualization of the adreneline going out of my body... and then fell asleep.








Last nite I had my Landmark Seminar class (landmarkeducation.com), I know in my heart I really wasn't there. I did tune in on occasion and realize I have some big stuff to deal with regarding my son and my handling of life in general. I am learning so much about myself, and how I run my life from this class. I sooooo see a new view of things that makes life easier/less stressful to deal with. Everyone should take the Landmark Forum... it works differently for everyone, but it helps you to live an extraordinary and powerful life.








Today, I will find the closest grocery/drug store and get some Lysol for my hotel room. The room really isn't bad, I am just germaphobic.. one bed, but enough room for a blow up bed for Jane. I feel bad that I screwed up when I reserved the room and only got one bed.. not sure how I did that, but Jane is good hearted and is still going to share with me. The people who run the hotel are Indian. (from India).. Everytime you walk into the office there is a delicious smell of curry and indian spices.... Danny the main guy has been very nice to me, although he could not find me a two bed room, he did change me from a smoking room to a non smoking room.








Today I will do a little more prep for my demo.. I am just going to make some leaves to assemble for an agave sculpture so I can show the slip attachment of two dry pieces. I will also try to get everything in order to do my demo.. it seems to be all over the short bus (Element) and I need to get a handle on it. I know I brought too many finished pieces, so I need to select the best and easiest to transport. I will probably pay to park at the convention center tomorrow so that I can have access to everything I brought with me, instead of walking the 7 blocks to and from the convention center.








I forgot to bring my cups for the scholarship fund and Clayart mug exchange. This morning I tried to have a visual conversation with KC while he went through my work in the garage trying to find the mugs that I had planned to bring. Note that I said visual converstion.. arrrgg.. I have no idea what he put in the box, but I am sure I will be able to choose something from the 10 pieces he put in the box. He also packed a coffee pot.. (I REALLY NEED THIS) .. and some hangers and took them over to Jane's for her to bring up tonite. (thanks KC!)








Tonite I am going to try to go to two lectures at 4:30 and 6:00pm. Jane should get here around 8:30pm.. not sure when Glennda will be here. I am so looking forward to seeing everyone at the conference. So many of my students are going out of their ways and their comfort zones to come, I know it will be an amazing experience for them.








I'm off to get the clay out of the short bus and will get to work on that... I bet the hotel won't be so happy if I get it all over the hotel room, but I promise not to slime the door like I do in my class room... more laters...











1 comment: