Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tues PM around 3pm




Mmmmmm... excitement is coming.




I went for the walk to the convention center. I stopped at Seamus McCaffrey's Irish Pub for a beer and steak and guiness boxty. Boxty is like a stew with some mushy hashed browns on top.(unfortunately I guess I am not irish enough to have ever heard of boxty-sorry MOM... but the soda bread that came with it was terrible, thanks MOM, your soda bread rocks) You have different choices of what the stew is, mine was nice steak, brown gravy, mushrooms and pearl onions.. (I picked the onions out).. Waitress was nice and directed me to the convention center.




My hotel is about 10 blocks from the convention center.. a nice walk and hot out there today. The PHX downtown area is nice and it is actually quiter and less crowded than I expected. It is clean and there are these nice people (ambassadors) out and around and you can ask them questions about where things are. Downtown Tucson would be wise to take a page from the Downtown Phx book.




People are registering and the trade show is setting up. I walked in to find the Laguna booth. I found STEVE from Marjon's. I also met Carol, the nice person who has been in communication with me re: the demo. I checked out the table where I will be demo-ing and found that there will be some shelves for me to display some work. mmm.. ok, now back to the hotel to make sure I have it all under contol.




Now back at the hotel... my pics show the stuff I have drying on the desk.. and my computer up on the bathroom counter.. I probably should get this cleaned up before I go to the lecture.. and, before Jane gets here... There's also an opening reception at Marjons tonite and tomorrow nite (opening for the AMOCA showing at the Phoenix Marjon's. Tuesday & Wednesday 6:00 to 9:00 beer & wine to be served. Laguna reps should be there along with the artists & many more)
I have not gotten a confirmation for the lecture, so I am not sure I am going to go...
I think I am ready for tomorrow.. I have the somewhat (I think) normal nerves about it, but I hope to see some friendly faces in the crowd. I have gotten very nice phone calls from Kathy H. and Karen K. Several friends have texted me on my phone..(you can do it too if you like.. 520-870-0823)
More Laters... looking forward to seeing my buds!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment